The Traxxas Revo 3.3 4WD Monster Truck 2.4GHz is a powerfully built remote control truck that should satisfy even the most demanding of hobbyists. This monster truck has superb all-terrain ability, superior suspension and heavy-duty transmission enabling it to back out of any tight spot with a quick flip of a switch, or dominate any off road condition.
The Traxxas Revo 3.3 is the upgraded version of the company’s acclaimed Revo 3.3 which has won numerous championships in the past years. It boasts of a superb 3.3 engine. Product package includes 2.4 GHz transmitter, a EZ Start engine electric start system, receiver, servos, a five-cell receiver battery plus charger, an additional glow plug, 7.2 volt EZ-start battery, and a bottler for fuel filling.
Features of the Traxxas Revo 3.3
• Four-wheel drive remote control, this monster truck can jump high, accelerate quickly, and most importantly, take on the most brutal off-road pounding.
• Traxxas 10%-20% top fuel, with a 150cc fuel tank
• Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz 3-Channel radio system with a couple of digital ball bearing servos, a 1200mAh receiver battery and charger. Even more impressive is the use of a docking base for the radio system, tapping an Apple iPhone or iPod touch for convenience and reliability.
• With an EZ Start battery featuring a 1500mAh 6-cell battery with charger. This is a handheld device that starts the engine quickly at the mere push of a button. Aside from convenience in starting the engine, the EZ Start system features Smart Start technology which can detect any potential problems in the engine.
• Powered by a 3.3 racing engine with dual stage air filters, slide valve carburetor and EZ start system. The engine can also be started through the EZ Start electric starting function and features the Traxxas support and reliability trusted by many hobbyists around the world. Traxxas also throws in a Lifetime Replacement plan for the engine as a bonus.
• 20.65 inches long, weighs 10.5 pounds, and stands 11 inches
• Front track measures 17.5 inches, rear track measures 17.6 inches
• With Maxx-sized tires measuring 6.3 by 3.8 inches
• OptiDrive electronic and dual speed forward, reverse transmission
• Steel disk braking with semi-metallic brake pads
• 150cc fuel tank
• Top speed of 45 miles per hour
• 3mm aluminum chassis with thick, 3D monocoque construction
The Traxxas Revo 3.3 is 10% larger compared to other Revos from the company. Its wheelbase which is also longer than older models gives it improved stability when maneuvering in the toughest terrain, and its larger engine also provides it with as much as 60% more power.
– There are lots of things to like with the Traxxas Revo 3.3. One of the positives of this monster truck is its bigger dimension that makes it well-equipped to take on the toughest terrain. Its chassis is made of 3 mm-thick aluminum that can handle the power of its souped-up engine, and it comes with roll hoop and carry handle.
– The wheels of the monster truck have been increased to 6.3 inches capable of making the Traxxas Revo 3.3 suited to any terrain. The rugged treads come with wrap-around lugs giving the truck more traction.
– The Traxxas Revo 3.3 also boasts of improved suspension because its shocks are placed on top of the chassis. The suspension of the truck is responsive and light when going over small bumps but compressed when meeting large bumps.
– The rocker geometry of the truck helps boost the shock damping resulting to stiffer suspension when needed. The truck’s low center of gravity thanks to its higher positioned engine further gives it power, which monster truck hobbyists would surely love.
– The Revo 3.3 is very easy to control with its OptiDrive electronic shift mode. This program is powered by a microprocessor-based controller which can determine the speed of the vehicle and optimize its reverse and forward shifts. The OptiDrive facilitates fast shifting and enhanced torque handling.
– Prospective buyers will be intrigued by the Traxxas Link app which can run on an IPhone and iPod. This connects with the TQi radio system of the Revo 3.3 which allows another driver to make adjustments on the truck even as the first driver steers the truck. This is an exciting feature that no other radio system can match.
– The Revo 3.3 comes with tune up tools, battery, and charger so owners can readily drive them as soon as said parts are assembled. The replacement parts of the truck are all readily available on the market and are reasonably priced.
– There is a tool set included in the package which hobbyists would love as they can service and maintain the good working condition of the Traxxas 3.3.
– There is a risk that the optiDrive system of the truck can encounter glitches, causing the Revo 3.3 to run differently from what you intend it to be. The solution here is to charge the battery after every run.
-This is not a monster truck that first timers will find easy to control. As such it is advisable that this truck is handled by those who have experience in driving remote controlled monster trucks. A high skill level is required to be able to effectively control the Revo 3.3.
The Traxxas Revo 3.3 gets a lot of rave for its advanced features, ease of use, impressive built and solid suspension. It can seamlessly shift from forward to reverse thanks to its OptiDrive program, and its suspension is light and responsive. Its frame is built to withstand the toughest road conditions.
The radio system of this monster truck is so advanced that no other brand can match it in terms of convenience and versatility. And while it can pose some troubles to first time users particularly on control, the Revo 3.3 does have a solid frame matching it’s engine power.
The feedback that we have received from users has been exceptional. With the very vast majority awarding the Traxxas Revo 3.3 top ratings. A fantastic machine, perfect for RCC enthusiasts.
+ Suitable for Any Terrain.
+ Great Suspension.
+ Advanced Features.
+ Very Powerful.
- Not for Beginners.
- Quite Expensive.