The Slash 4×4 is a four wheel drive RCC. Manufactured by Traxxas, based in Texas, U.S.A, this model is the pinnacle of remote controlled cars. A super premium model with features and specs to go with it. This bad boy is not for the feint hearted and is best suited for true lovers of RCC racing. The price tag? Well let’s just say it’s probably not suited for Jimmy’s 7th Birthday..
Key Features of the Traxxas Slash 4X4
– Has high current connector that has Maxx cable of 12 gauge wire which enables deliverance of maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System by the high capacity battery packs.
– It has completely exclusive waterproof electronics which extend the brushless power and performance to water, snow and mud.
– To suit the needs of the customer, this Truck comes in different colors and styles. Therefore you have the power of choice when buying one.
– Efficient drive shaft designed in a way to ensure smooth transmission of energy from the engine system to all other systems.
– It also features a new and rigid chassis which holds the whole toy together, ensuring that the structural framework is as compact as ever.
– New mud-terrain tires from NF Goodrich that makes driving in mud real fun as navigating is as easy as in the tarmac.
– Revo sealed differentials that only feature in a few vehicles are also featured. The differentials ensure efficient transmission of power from the crankshaft to the wheels.
– It uses a DSS 2.4 GHz high output radio system. This system has a 30 model memory, 5 channel receiver and fail safe feature. Note, the 5 channel receiver has got telemetry ports.
– It also needs a 7-cell battery pack of 3000mAh to power up the vehicle. It has a docking base that allows the touch of i-Phone (with an installed Traxxas link application) to deliver a real time telemetry between the controller and the toy.
– Top quality 2.4 GHz radio system is also featured.
Main Specifications of the Traxxas Slash 4X4
Has a length of 23.4 inches, width of 11.6 inches and a height of 7.6 inches.
The Traxxas Slash 4×4 can reach up to top speed of 60 mph, which is pretty impressive.
This car weighs 9.4 pounds.
Comparison With Traxxas Bandit Extreme Sports
To keep water off its operating parts, Traxxas Bandit uses O-ring seals to keep it waterproof; On the other hand the Slash 4 x 4 uses a brushless system to keep mud, water and snow out of the operating parts. The brushless system is better as compared to the O-ring seals as it is more effective.
The Traxxas Bandit has got two game modes, the training mode and the racing mode making it ideal for beginners; however, the Slash 4 x4 lacks this feature. This isn’t totally surprising as the Slash 4×4 is targeted to a more expert user.
An All-Weather Car – The advanced brushless system ensures that the car can be used during any weather season, you do not have to worry about mud, water or snow, this toy is all-resistant.
Durable – This RCC lasts long and proves hard to break; this is because it has a special safe feature that keeps it from getting damaged after smashing into objects. This makes it last very long as compared to other remote control toy cars.
High Speed – This vehicle is pretty fast, with speeds reaching up-to overwhelming 60 mph, unleashing your gaming potential to full speed.
Usable in Tough Terrains – With improved racing tires and a powerful engine system, you can now use this toy in almost any form of terrain and take your experience to the next level.
Highly Stable – The chassis of this toy is highly rigid that makes it highly stable, this means it can roll over reasonable obstacles without rolling over.
Expensive – The Slash 4×4 is one of the most expensive RCC’s on the market.
Potential Dangers at High Speed – the high speed of this car can be an undoing. This is because if it knocks an obstacle while at that speed, the impact is quite considerable and it can easily get damaged.
The Slash 4×4 was made for pure RCC enthusiasts. If you take this hobby seriously you can’t go passed this model. Although it would be hard to say that this remote control car is good value considering the 5 figure sum one has to fork out to own one of these beauties, it truly is a premium vehicle. It has a tremendous amount of power and the features are truly top notch.
The feedback we have received from numerous buyers of the Traxxas Slash 4×4 has been extremely positive. From our end we haven’t heard anyone have any particular issues with this model. This is certainly one for the purists though, and one we highly recommend for anyone that takes their remote control car racing seriously.
+ Very Durable
+ Can hit high speeds.
+ Highly Stable.
+ Large number of features.
- Very Expensive.
- Not for Beginners.